Thursday 6 July 2017

Wrapping up Lost Turismond

I have been posting a D&D Basic adventure called Lost Turismond the past month in four previous posts. The adventure is based on what I wrote back in 1982 for a BX Campaign. I have cleaned up things a little and improved the prose but it has been basically the same. To wrap up Lost Turismond I am going to change things quite a lot.

When I was writing this adventure back in 1982 I was struggling with a common problem - the players were frequently catching up to my writing. The finale of Lost Turismond was a bunch of ideas on paper and some maps but it was never fully formed. Because of this there was never a clear purpose for the players once they entered the Great Cavern.

So I have given it some thought and I think I have come up with something that works.

The first thing I am posting for the wrap up of Lost Turismond is a map of the Great Cavern. I have changed the map from the original, turning it on its side and placing locations differently. I also changed the names because most of the names I used in 1982 were from books and movies involving Lost Worlds.

The Great Cavern

The players enter the great cavern from a river gorge on the right (west) side of the map. The Great Cavern is well-lit by a unique (and important to the plot) light source near the cavern ceiling 1,500 feet above the ground. This light source provides 24 hours of unwavering light and does not move. There is no concept of night and day in the cavern or seasons. The temperature is always warm and frequently wet. There is never any rain, but it is frequently misty which provides moisture for the jungle. Several, swiftly flowing underground streams enter the cavern and provide water.

It is going to take a few more posts to completely wrap up the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment