Monday 23 January 2017

Online Tile Maps

The Two Towers 1982
The first dungeon adventure I ever wrote was a continuation of the the “Haunted Keep” incomplete sample adventure in the back of the Basic rule book.  I called it “The Two Towers”.  I have the original map somewhere but I also have a digital version I created years later (left). Discussion of the contents is better for another day, but suffice to say it was a standard dungeon of the time with level 1 creatures on the first level, level 2 on the second, etc. with not a lot of rhyme or reason.

A number of years later, when I was first getting interested in Fantasy Grounds II, I wrote a module for the Labyrinth Lord ruleset based on my Two Towers adventure and using images of dungeon tiles from WOTC.  I cut, paste and re-positioned them to create dungeon maps.  I thought they would make pretty good online dungeon maps that you could move tokens around on.


The Haunted Keep Fantasy Grounds II Map 2009
A lot of effort went into creating four dungeon levels of maps. I completed the module but I never did get to try using them.  I struggled to get Fantasy Grounds II to work with my firewall and never did figure it out.

If I play online as the Game Master now I think I will use Roll20 and stick to simpler “ classic blue maps” or maybe black and white maps.











FG2 Module: The Haunted Keep 2009









No comments:

Post a Comment